A guide to making the most out of your day! Imagine, the perfect off day. No work, no school, no responsibilities! Ahhhhh! How great would it be to lounge around eating and watching Netflix. Yes, this is the type of off day we all wish to have.
On the other hand, you also have a pile of laundry to wash and fold. You notice the kitchen floor needs to be mopped. You also need to clean and vacuum out your car. All of a sudden, your day of relaxation and procrastination has turned into a day of chores and errands.
Well, no fear! Here are some helpful tips to making the most out of your day!
1. Start your day early! Waking up at 8am on an off may seem crazy. However, if you know you have chores and errands to run, starting early will increase your productivity!
2. Eat breakfast! You know they say Breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? Well reward yourself with a healthy warm breakfast! Chances are, once you start your day and make a meal in the morning, your energy will last for a couple hours. Increasing your energy in the morning is essential for a long lasting day.
3. Complete your tasks in the order of things you’re putting off the most! If you know you have three or more loads of laundry to do, don’t wait until the sun goes down to do it. Chances are, you’ll never get to it! Once you get your biggest tasks out the way first, those smaller tasks will be a breeze to finish.
4. Indulge yourself in motivational messages! This may come from watching a Ted Talk or listening to an audio book, or just simply listening to music that stimulates your mind (classical, jazz, instrumental, etc) by doing this, you are using outside sources to influence yourself to get up and be proactive!
5. Reward yourself! As if a day of relaxation isn’t rewarding enough, you will feel a million times better knowing you’ve accomplished your tasks! At the end of your day there is nothing wrong with going out to catch a movie! Or treat yourself by baking a cake and having a glass of wine! Toast to you being a responsible person and challenging yourself to be all you can be!
Overcoming laziness and procrastination is a habit many of us find hard to overcome. However, there is no greater feeling than knowing you turned a complete nothing into something and accomplished your daily goals! Hopefully you’ll find these tips useful and want to use them for yourself! Until next time,